The Weeknd Biography
|Full Name||Abel Makkonen Tesfaye|
|Nick Name||The Weeknd|
|Birth Date||February 16, 1990|
|Birth Place||Scarborough, Ontario, Canada|
|Occupation||Singer, Songwriter, Record producer, Rapper|
|First Album||Trilogy (2012)|
|First Song||For Singer|
|Net worth||$30 million|
Body Measurement & Physical Stats
|Height||5 ft 6 in or 173 cm|
|Weight||178lbs or 81 kg|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Abel Makkonen Tesfaye, a Canadian singer & songwriter, is popular as The Weeknd. The Hills and Can’t Feel My Face are his songs that made him the first artist in history to achieve the top 3 spots on the Billboard Hot R&B Songs chart simultaneously. He has achieved two Grammy Awards and nine Juno Awards.
1. Drake is his good friend
2. According to him, Aaliyah, Cocteau Twins, D’Angelo, Massive Attack, Michael Jackson, Prince, R. Kelly, Swizz Beatz, and The-Dream are his musical influencers.
3. In the 1980s, his parents migrated from Ethiopia to Canada.
4. He speaks fluent Amharic which he learned from his grandmother.
5. After dropping out of school at age 17, he left his house one weekend and never came back, which is the reason for his stage name.
6. He took the stage name “The Weeknd” as there was already a pop-rock band in Canada, named, the Weekend.
7. His crew is called XO.
8. According to him, he used to listen to soul, hip-hop, funk, indie rock, quiet storm, and post-punk while growing up.
9. The Weeknd was a group of two people initially namely Jeremy Rose and Abel Tesfaye but they parted ways in 2010.
10. He was featured as a singer in Wiz Khalifa‘s song “Remember You”.
Yovanna Ventura (November 2017)
The Weeknd is rumored to be dating an American Model Yovanna Ventura since November 2017.
Selena Gomez (2016 – 2017)
The Weeknd had been in a relationship with an American Singer Selena Gomez since 2016 to 2017.
Bella Hadid (2015 – 2016)
The Weeknd had been in a relationship with an American Model Bella Hadid since 2015 to 2016.