|Full Name||Li Ka-Shing|
|Birthdate||July 29, 1928|
|Birth Place||Chaozhou, Guangdong, China|
|Nationality||Hong Kong, China|
|Occupation||Business magnate, investor, and philanthropist|
|Net worth||$ 34 billion|
Body Measurement & Physical Stats
|Height||5 ft 7 in or 174 cm|
|Weight||167 lbs or 76 kg|
|Spouse||Late. Chong Yuet Ming|
|Sons||Victor Li and Richard Li|
|Brothers||Li Ka-Suen and Li Ka-Chiu|
Li Ka-Shing is an entrepreneur who leads a business empire that includes a wide array of industries such as transportation, real estate, financial service, retail, and energy. He is the world’s leading port investor, developer, operator and the largest health and beauty retailer in Asia and Europe and is also the fourth richest person in Asia. He is the chairman of CK Hutchison Holdings, CK Property Holdings and Li Ka Shing Foundation.
Li Ka-Shing was born to Teochew parents. His father died so he had to leave the school and join a plastic trading company when he was sixteen. After working many years in the plastic company he founded his own company, Cheung Kong Industry in 1950.
1. Li was awarded the first ever “Malcolm S. Forbes Lifetime Achievement Award” by Forbes Magazine in 2006.
2. Li is reputed for his simple living high thinking lifestyle; he wears a simple black dress and an inexpensive watch.
3. Li is renowned as the most munificent philanthropist in Asia, who has donated more than US$ 2.56 billion to charity.
4. Li is also well-known as “Superman” in Hong Kong.
5. Li always wakes up at 6 am to play golf for about an hour and a half.
6. Li Ka-Shing Foundation had donated US$ 1 million to Nepal when it was struck by devastating 7.8 magnitude earthquakes.
7. Li was criticized for not being explicit in his disagreement for Umbrella movement protests.
Chong Yuet Ming (1963 – 1990)
Li Ka-Shing was married to Chong Yuet Ming in 1963 but later she died in 1990.