Larry Ellison Biography
|Full Name||Lawrence Joseph Ellison|
|Nick Name||Larry Ellison|
|Birthdate||August 17, 1944|
|Birth Place||Bronx, New York, USA|
|Occupation||Businessman, entrepreneur, and philanthropist|
|Net Worth||$57.9 billion|
Body Measurement & Physical Stats
|Height||6 ft 2 in or 191 cm|
|Weight||187 lbs or 85 kg|
Lawrence Joseph Ellison, an American businessman, entrepreneur, and philanthropist, is the executive chairman and chief technology officer of Oracle. He was the CEO of Oracle until September 2014 from its founding. He was listed as the fifth-wealthiest person in America by Forbes magazine and as the seventh-wealthiest in the world in August 2017.
Larry Ellison had made a small fortune in Chicago real estate and was a government employee. He went to the University of Chicago where he first came across computer design. He moved to Northern California in 1966.
1. He blew off his keynote in last year’s Oracle OpenWorld to take part in the America’s Cup race.
2. One of his favorite mottos is from Genghis Khan which is “It’s not sufficient I succeed. Everyone else must fail”.
3. Steve Jobs and he were good friends.
4. Oracle hired investigators to sift through the trash of a research group he thought was funded by Microsoft.
5. He got in trouble with the city of San Jose cause of his big plane.
6. He owns the sixth-largest island in Hawaii.
7. He spent around $200 million on a yacht.
8. He was supposedly the inspiration for Robert Downey Jr.’s Tony Stark.
Melanie Craft (2002 – 2010)
Larry Ellison and an American Novelist Melanie Craft were married in 2002 but they separated in 2010.
Allison Giannini (2001 – 2003)
Larry Ellison had been in a relationship with an American Businessperson Allison Giannini since 2001 to 2003.
Larry Ellison had been in a relationship with an American Actress Julie Hayek.
Barbara Boothe (1983-1986)
Larry Ellison was married to Barbara Boothe in 1983 but they separated in 1986.
Nancy Wheeler Jenkins (1977-1978)
Larry Ellison and Nancy Wheeler Jenkins were married in 1977 but they separated in 1978.
Adda Quinn (1967-1974)
Larry Ellison and Adda Quinn were married in 1967 but later separated in 1974.