|Full Name||William Joseph Martin Joel|
|Nicknames||The Piano Man, Joe, Mr. Long Island|
|Birth Date||May 9, 1949|
|Birth Place||The Bronx, New York, United States|
|Occupation||Pianist, Singer, Songwriter|
|Net worth||$180 Million|
Body Measurement & Physical Stats
|Height||5 ft 5½ in / 166 cm|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Daughter||Alexa Ray and Della Rose|
William Joseph Martin Joel, an American Singer-Songwriter and a Pianist, is a Grammy Award-winner who was renowned for his song “Piano Man”. He became the third best-selling solo artist and the sixth best-selling recording artist in the United States. Greatest Hits Vol. 1 & 2, his compilation album, is one of the best-selling albums in the United States.
He started piano lessons at an early age because of his mother’s insistence. He learned boxing so he could defend himself as a teenager and won 22 bouts on the amateur Golden Gloves circuit. While in high school, he played piano at bars to help support his mother make ends meet.
1. He tried to commit suicide at 21 after breaking up with a girl with his mother’s stuff.
2. He wanted to see Jimi Hendrix in Woodstock but he left because of the bathrooms were disgusting.
3. Joel’s drummer Liberty DeVitto hinted that the nasty song ‘Laura’ is about his mother.
4. ‘Big Shot’ is about Bianca Jagger, as he imagined the lyrics describing Mick’s thoughts toward his then-wife.
5. ‘Vienna’ is about a trip where he and his father had a visit.
6. In 1970, when he was 19 or 20, he was part of the duo Attila and is said to have had a heavy-metal period.
7. He’s an atheist but he believes in ghosts as he said he saw a 19th-century woman in his house, sitting and brushing her hair in East Hampton.
8. Despite being born to non-observant Jews, he went to church and even went to confession, as a boy.
9. He got his diploma at 43 in 1992
10. He thinks he looks like a pizza delivery guy and not like a rock-and-roll star.
11. According to the RIAA, he has outsold Michael Jackson, as his US album sales stand at 81.5 million units, 6 million ahead of MJ.
Alexis Roderick (2015 – Present)
Billy Joel and Alexis Roderick are married since July 4, 2015.
Katie Lee (2004 – 2010)
Billy Joel was married to an American Chef Katie Lee in 2004 and they separated in 2010
Christie Brinkley (1985 – 1995)
Billy Joel was married to an American Model Christie Brinkley in 1985 but they separated in 1995.
Elizabeth Webber (1973 – 1982)
Billy Joel was married to Elizabeth Webber in 1973 and they separated in 1982.
Deborah Dampiere (2009)
Billy Joel had been in a relationship with Deborah Dampiere in 2009.
Alex Donnelley (2009)
Billy Joel had been in a relationship with an American Actress Alex Donnelley in 2009.
Dina Meyer (2001)
Billy Joel had been in a relationship with an American Actress Dina Meyer in 2001.
Trish Bergen (2000 – 2002)
Billy Joel had been in a relationship with Trish Bergen since 2000 to 2002.
Carolyn Beegan (1994 – 2000)
Billy Joel had been in a relationship with an American Artist Carolyn Beegan since 1994 to 2000.
Harriet Baldwin-Carter (1982 – 1983)
Billy Joel had been in a relationship with Harriet Baldwin-Carter since 1982 to 1983.
Elle Macpherson (1981 – 1982)
Billy Joel had been in a relationship with an Australian Model Elle Macpherson since 1981 to 1982.