|Full Name||Philip Anthony Hopkins|
|Nicknames||Tony, Sir Philip|
|Birth Date||December 31, 1937|
|Birth Place||West Glamorgan, Wales, UK|
|Occupation||Actor and Composer|
|Debut||The Lion In Winter in 1968|
|Net worth 2017||$160 Million|
Body Measurement & Physical Stats
|Height||5 ft 8½in or 174 cm|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
|Father||Richard Arthur Hopkins|
|Mother||Muriel Anne Hopkins|
Sir Philip Anthony Hopkins, a Welsh actor of film, stage, and television got his break as Richard the Lionheart in the film The Lion in Winter in 1968. He is regarded as one of the greatest living actors. He won the Academy Award for Best Actor for The Silence of the Lambs.
He attended Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama in Cardiff and graduated in 1957. Thereafter, he enrolled at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London. That was where Laurence Olivier spotted him and later invited him to join the Royal National Theatre.
1. He improvised various lines and actions while playing the role of Hannibal Lector in “The Silence of the Lambs” and to make the character creepier, he didn’t blink while delivering his lines.
2. He was alcoholic for several years but he finally moved away from the addiction in 1975.
3. He was born in Wales but he became a U.S. citizen in 2000.
4. During the making of “The Edge”, he fell into a river and acquired hypothermia which nearly killed him.
5. He suffers from dyslexia.
6. He reads each and every script at least 250 times before getting on camera.
7. He was considered for the role of Mr. Freeze in the film “Batman & Robin” but did not get it as
the director wanted someone with a bigger build.
8. He is fond of horror movies and “Rosemary’s Baby” is his favorite.
9. Before acting, he desired to become a famous concert pianist.
Stella Arroyave (2002 – Present)
Anthony Hopkins and Colombian Actress Stella Arroyave have been married for 14 years.
Francine Kay (1998 to 2001)
Anthony Hopkins and Francine Kay had a relationship from 1998 to 2001
Joyce Ingalls (1995 to 1996).
Anthony Hopkins and American Actress Joyce Ingalls dated from 1995 to 1996.
Martha Stewart (1990 – 1991)
Anthony Hopkins and American Businessperson Martha Stewart dated from 1990 to February 1991
Jennifer Lynton (1985)
Anthony Hopkins and Jennifer Lynton are divorced after a marriage of 29 years
Petronella Barker (1967 – 1972)
Anthony Hopkins and Petronella Barker are divorced after a marriage of 4 years. They had 1 child.