Amancio Ortega Gaona
Amancio Ortega Gaona Biography
|Full Name||Amancio Ortega|
|Born Name||Amancio Ortega Gaona|
|Birthdate||28 March 1936 (age 81)|
|Birth Place||Busdongo de Arbás, León, Spain|
|Net Worth||$75.8 billion|
|Father||Antonio Ortega Rodríguez|
|Mother||Josefa Gaona Hernández|
|Daughter||Sandra and Marta|
|Sons||Marcos Ortega Mera|
|Sister||Josefa Ortega Gaona|
Amancio Ortega Gaona is a Spanish business tycoon with over $84 billion net worth. He is the founder and former chairman of Inditex fashion group, Zara falls under its chain.
Ortega used to work for a shirtmaker in downtown La Coruña during his teenage years. Ortega first began his career manufacturing textiles through a small family company in 1963.
1. Ortega is the wealthiest retailer in the world and richest person in Europe.
2. Ortega is the owner of Spanish soccer team Deportivo La Coruna.
3. Ortega left school at the age of 14 and went to work for shirtmaker.
4. Ortega didn’t start his first business until he was 37.
5. Ortega’s first Zara store was called ZORBA.
6. Ortega has a uniform that he wears every day, blue blazer, white shirt and gray trousers.
7. Ortega eats lunch with his office staff in the cafeteria every day.
Flora Pérez Marcote (2001 –Present)
Amancio Ortega Gaona and Flora Pérez Marcote married in 2001.
Rosalía Mera (1966-1986)
Amancio Ortega Gaona and Spanish businesswoman Rosalía Mera have been married from 1966 to 1986.